Good news! At next week's Goodwood Festival of Speed, McLaren will host the global unveil of a brand new racing car.
Vijay Pattni19 June 2014
McLaren teases new track-ready racer
What’s the mysterious, big-winged monster hiding beneath this teaser image?
Bad news! We have no idea what it is.
Well, we kind of have an idea of what it is. It's the moodily shot car in the picture above; most likely a racing version of the newly revealed 650S - the car that effectively replaces the old 12C (if you can call that car old) - to be built and race ready in time for next year's season.
McLaren tells us it's part of the brand's ‘addiction to winning' demonstration, and as such, we'll also be treated to static displays of the ‘standard' 650S, 650S Spider and the not-too-shabby McLaren P1. Jeremy kind of likes that car.
Not only that, but the company will also showcase the M7C; the car driven by McLaren founder Bruce to three podium finishes during the 1969 Formula One season.
We're also hearing that someone called ‘Jenson Button' will pilot something fast and McLaren shaped up the Goodwood hill too, so that'd be worth watching if you're about. And we suggest you go this year, because it promises to be a good one.
The full reveal will take place at 11am on 27 June. We'll have more details for you then...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Road trip: hunting for old Minis in Chile
- A small British hatch. The driest, wildest place on Earth. What could go wrong?
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one