The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport has 1,200bhp, and you might think that's a lot. But you'd be wrong. It isn't.
Tom Harrison11 September 2013
Modified Saleen hits 2,200hp on the dyno
Watch this 10.2-litre, twin-turbo V8 go berserk on a dyno...
What we have here is a very loud, very orange Saleen S7. It's been modified by a Russian firm called Total Race to produce a scarcely believable 2,200hp at the wheels, as evidenced by this YouTube video.
Details are scarce, and its modifications indeterminate, but Total Race's Facebook page claims the Saleen has a 10.2-litre, twin-turbocharged V8 and all-wheel drive.
Standard twin-turbocharged S7s were rear-wheel drive only, and made do with a measly 750bhp from their 7.0-litre V8s. Even so, they could do 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds and reach a claimed top speed of 248mph.
With three times the power, and likely a little less weight, Total Race's S7 is probably fast enough to punch a hole through time.
So, TG.commers, who wants to see the Saleen meet Stig?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?