Daniele Pelligra is quite handy with a bag of crayons. Earlier this year, he showed TopGear.com his designs for a Ferrari LMP1 car. Not only that, he showed it to Ferrari's Big Man In Charge, Luca di Montezemelo, who gave him the thumbs up.
Vijay Pattni13 August 2014
Hybrid Morgan concept sketched
TG’s favourite design student knocks out ‘Italian’ Morgan. With a hybrid drivetrain
So the boy's got skillz. Here's his new project, and one a bit closer to home. Pelligra has spruced up the Morgan Aero Coupe by adding a bit of Italian verve to the design.
You'll no doubt agree that it doesn't look half bad.
Daniele tells us his concept was inspired by such Morgan traditions as ‘luxury', ‘technology' and ‘artisan culture', rather than, say, 'woody' or 'prehistoric'. He tells us he plans to show these sketches to Morgan at the upcoming Paris Motor Show.
Of course, it's not real, not official and probably won't ever happen. But as a flight of fancy, give the boy his dues.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Top Gear’s Top Ten Lairy Pick-Ups
- From BMW’s V8-engined M3 truck to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, we round up Planet Earth's maddest trucks
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- First UK drive: Mercedes-AMG GT S