Vijay Pattni24 February 2014
Meet the brand new Citroen C1
Diddy city car makes debut ahead of Geneva Motor Show, and doesn’t it look cute?
We're told it features ‘more design' than before, typified by that ‘cheerful' front face, and we can't argue with that. It's definitely now part of the new Citroen family with that mini C4 Picasso-type face, and is available in a dizzying range of personalisation options.
Though not with the engines. You're looking at either a 1.0-litre three-pot with 68bhp, or a 1.2-litre 3cyl with 82bhp, which offers up 60mpg and emissions of just 99g/km CO2. This engine can accelerate to 62mph from zero in 11 seconds. A five-speed manual or a five-speed clutchless auto ‘box are both available.
The dimensions of 3.46m long and 1.62m wide are exactly the same as the Peugeot 108 (it sits on the same platform), and we're told it gets a wide turning circle and electric power steering. The rear axle is 4kg lighter than before, there are new suspension springs, shocks and a larger-diameter anti-roll bar. All in, the C1 weighs in at just 840kg. Some comfort is mentioned.
This continues with the mention of a 196-litre boot, rising to 750-litres with the rear seats folded away, while elsewhere you get a 7in touchscreen that controls the radio, phone, computer and so forth, and is connectable to your iThingy.
You'll notice the daytime running LED lights as part of the new two-part headlights to create a ‘smiling front end', a glass tailgate and square rear lights. The whole car features wider tracks front and rear for a terrier-type stance.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Mercedes reveals its GLE posh-roader
- Bye bye ML, hello GLE: Merc’s new SUV gets hybrid and Cayenne-crushing 577bhp AMG versions