This month, we bring you a classic battle of Good versus Evil, with the futuristic BMW i8 hybrid and the fire-breathing, naturally aspirated V10 Lamborghini Huracán. Both are rolling statements of the future direction of their respective makers, but as the Huracán fights to maintain a pedigree spanning decades, the i8 pays no attention to what has come before. Whichever side you sit on, both of these incredible machines will undoubtedly get your blood pumping.
TopGear.com21 May 2014
New Top Gear magazine out now!
In this month’s TG mag it’s Good vs Evil: the virtuous BMW i8 and the villainous Lambo Huracán...
Who will win the battle of Good versus Evil? Find out in the June issue of Top Gear magazine, on sale now with two collectable covers.
In this issue, we also drive the latest incarnations from BMW's M division, who have been cooking up turbos with some exciting results - meet the new M3 and its twin brother, the M4. We find out whether Chevrolet can back up its claim that the new Camaro can take on the best the world can offer by bringing it to the TG track to do battle with a Nissan GT-R and BMW M6 - with a little help from our tame racing driver.
In our group test this month, we find out which is the best everyday hatch out of the Peugeot 308, Mazda3, Ford Focus and VW Golf. We also see how Peugeot has turned a (once very sensible) 2008 crossover into a monstrous desert racer, ready for its re-entry into the Dakar Rally after a 25-year absence. We visit the murky scrapyard district of Willets Point in New York to meet some of the most dedicated petrolheads in the world.
We look into the future with Ford's head of trends and futuring, Sheryl Connelly, and investigate the rapid rise of the SUV across the planet. We get excited at Rallycross's return to the global stage and take a first look at the new BMW 7-Series. And conclude our Good versus Evil issue with a little humour, as comedian Omid Djalili takes our Driving Test.
Plus, we review all the latest new cars that matter, including the Porsche Boxster GTS, Jeep Cherokee, VW TwinUp, BMW X3, Toyota Verso and Vauxhall Astra GTC.
Get all of this, plus the latest news, reviews of all the cars you need to know about and, of course, the usual thoughts/ramblings from Clarkson, Hammond and May.
The June issue of Top Gear magazine is available in all major retailers and supermarkets now.
Get the fully enhanced iPad edition with HD video and images, plus loads of cool interactive stuff for you to play with - download a free preview here - CLICK HERE
Print edition now available on all Android devices - CLICK HERE
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power