Two very different super coupes take centre stage this month: Jaguar's 542bhp hardcore F-Type R Coupe, and the Eagle Low Drag GT (basically, an E-Type plus 6,000 man hours). Two cars that in appearance look like they're from different millennia but ultimately share the same DNA. Find out how in the new issue.
TopGear.com30 January 2014
Brand new Top Gear magazine out now!
Jaguar’s new V8 F-Type Coupe, the Eagle GT and your bumper Top Gear telly preview, all in this month’s issue
Plus, it's the return of Top Gear telly, and about time too. We give you an exclusive look at Series 21, including the not-quite-Christmas special, road trips in the Eastern Bloc, Jeremy and James's transport-themed Public Information Film, retro hot hatches and some seriously cool machines in the Power Tests. We also get Executive Producer Andy Wilman's thoughts on the mysticism around the new series.
In the news this month, we take a look at the (definitely non-hybrid) Toyota FT-1 concept and find out if the Lexus RC-F can maintain the reputation created by the best car Clarkson has ever driven, the LFA.
We ask whether Nissan's alternative to the classic London cab will be a success and take a first look at some of 2014's hottest concepts, including the Kia GT4 Stinger, Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge, Audi Allroad Shooting Brake, Volvo XC Coupe and VW Beetle Dune.
In this issue, we also bring you 14 reasons outside of Formula One to get excited about motorsport this year: Darth Vader comes to Le Mans, Formula E hits the streets (literally), Sébastien Loeb takes up WTCC and Honda will race an estate in the BTCC.
We find out how racing in a Land Rover Defender can enhance your technique and investigate VW's MQB system - that's Modularer Querbaukasten if you're German, or in English, ‘Modular Transversal Toolkit', or as we like to call it - Made from Quite similar Bits.
This month's road tests include a Caterham Seven 160 vs Suzuki Swift Sport (bear with us), and we pitch three stunning mid-engined two-seaters against each other - the Alfa Romeo 4C, Lotus Exige S and Porsche Cayman S PDK.
Get all of this, plus the latest news, reviews of all the cars you need to know about and, of course, the usual thoughts/ramblings from Clarkson, Hammond and May.
The February issue of Top Gear magazine is available in all major retailers and supermarkets now.
Get the fully enhanced iPad edition with HD video and images, plus loads of cool interactive stuff for you to play with - download a free preview here - CLICK HERE
Print edition now available on all Android devices - CLICK HERE
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- First drive: VW Golf R Estate
- TG’s favourite hot hatch is now available in estate flavour. But is it as good? Tom Harrison reports