Here are the first pictures of the brand new Volvo XC90. Well, pictures of its innards, anyway.
Vijay Pattni27 May 2014
Peek inside the new Volvo XC90
Volvo's 'most luxurious ever interior' to debut in new big SUV. Looks great, doesn't it?
Today, Volvo is beginning its launch tease for its upcoming SUV, showing us the car from the ‘inside out'. And as you'll see, it's a very nice inside.
We're told it's the most luxurious interior to have ever been designed for a Volvo, taking its inspiration from Swedish design and including a giant, tablet-like touch-screen control console that sits at the heart of the dashboard. It's huge.
It's button-free and gives you access to a wide range of Internet based providings, naturally. Elsewhere there's the usual slathering of soft leather, wood, and hand-crafted details such as a gearlever made of crystal glass, and diamond-cut controls for the start/stop and volume control.
The new XC90 will sit on Volvo's Scalable Product Architecture - a modular platform that allows a wider range of design possibilities, better safety features (it is a Volvo) and more interior space. These are good, honourable things.
We'll see the outside of the all-new XC90 later this summer. On the evidence of the recent design studies from new Volvo styling boss Thomas Ingenlath, we're quietly excited...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there