This is the Ferrari 458 ‘Niki Lauda' edition. It has been commissioned by a Ferrari owner keen to relive the Scuderia's 1970s F1 golden age and, more specifically, the man that brought them two drivers' championships.
Vijay Pattni27 November 2013
It’s the 458 ‘Niki Lauda’ edition!
One-off special celebrates triple-world champ’s Ferrari heyday. TG petitions for ‘Mansell edition’
Niki Lauda. Yes, the former Ferrari driver has been honoured in this one-off Ferrari 458 Italia for an unnamed owner, sent to the company's special Tailor Made personalisation programme and returned with a white roof featuring the Italian flag, a set of gold rims, and Italian colours appearing on the seats and central tunnel.
That's about it, which means no more power on the standard car's 570bhp 4.5-litre V8. Still, with 390lb ft of torque, a 0-62mph time of 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 202mph, that should be plenty.
"The owner of this two seater berlinetta," says Ferrari, "wanted to make it unique by paying tribute to one of the happiest and most productive eras in the history of the Scuderia."
Which other Ferrari F1 drivers would you like to see immortalised in a 458 Italia? Yes, you're thinking what we're thinking, aren't you? The ‘Nigel Mansell' 458. He may not have won any championships with the Scuderia and played second fiddle to Prost, but just imagine that ‘tache up front...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance