Vijay Pattni19 May 2014
Meet the new Nissan 370Z Nismo
Nissan reveals refreshed Zed at Datsun enthusiasts’ day over in the States. It won’t come to UK though
Bad news! It'll only go on sale in the USA. Boo.
Datsun enthusiasts at the ZDayZ meet in North Carolina were the first in the world to see the brand new 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo - a refreshed version of its coupe, now with added tech.
The headline news is an optional seven-speed automatic gearbox with downshift rev matching, and steering wheel mounted paddles. You also get the lovely six-speed manual with SynchroRev (it automatically matches your revs on downshifts too), negating the need for heel-and-toe heroics.
Front and rear downforce around the new Zed have been increased thanks to GT-R inspired functional aero add-ons, including a deep front fascia with LED daytime running lights, and a new Nismo rear spoiler that has been reshaped and downsized, and integrated into the boot hatch. Very cool.
There's also a red accent that starts on the front chin spoiler and leads down the side sills, along the mirrors and towards the lower new rear fascia.
RAYS have come up with a new wheel design too, wrapping the 370Z Nismo with new 19in twin-five spoke forged aluminium alloys, while inside you get redesigned black and red Recaro leather seats, an Alcantara and leather steering wheel and red Nismo rev counter.
Nissan has introduced a 370Z Nismo ‘Tech' model too, which adds a Nissan sat nav complete with seven-inch touch-screen, a rear view monitor, Bose audio system, and streaming audio via Bluetooth.
Otherwise it's business as usual, which means the brawny engine remains the same: a 3.7-litre V6 with a H-configured exhaust system, producing 340bhp and 276lb ft of torque, for a 0-62mph time of 5.2 seconds. Still quick, then.
Sadly, Nissan UK confirmed to TopGear.com that the new Zed car, which goes on sale in July 2014, was only built for the States. Which is a shame, because that new bodywork does look nice. Tell us, Americans, what do you make of your new 370Z Nismo?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring