This is a new Nissan performance car. We do not know what this new Nissan performance car is, but it's coming. And soon.
Vijay Pattni11 June 2014
What’s this mystery Nissan concept?
Nissan reveals shady teaser image of upcoming performance monster. But what on earth is it?
A shady reveal on the company's Facebook page has thrown up more questions than answers, with Nissan providing but one cryptic line. "On June 16, we'll reveal the next chapter in the Nissan story to an audience that has always shared our passion for performance."
So, to the audience that has shared its passion for performance, can you tell us what on earth it is? We suspect - and we could be wrong here - that it might be Nissan's take on the Vision GTs designed for Gran Turismo. Like the lovely little BMW. Like the evil Mercedes GT. Or the bonkers Golf GTI roadster.
Nissan recently revealed a huge poster detailing each and every Nissan model that featured in all iterations of the ground-breaking racing simulator. That picture teased a car concealed under covers.
Maybe it's not. Maybe it's a new GT-R concept. Maybe it's a moon buggy. Maybe it's the company's first design for its 2015 Le Mans prototype. Maybe it's made for Santa Claus.
We'll find out Monday. Until then, what do you think it is?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Alpina celebrates 50th with 200mph B6
- Renowned BMW fiddler brings in the half-century in the only way it knows how: speed and power