This is the Peugeot Exalt concept, leaked onto the Internet early ahead of a world premiere at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show. And my, doesn't it look lovely?
Vijay Pattni08 April 2014
Leaked: Peugeot Exalt saloon concept
Lovely looking four-door Pug’ sneaks onto the Internet ahead of Beijing premiere
It's an admirable follow-up to the simply astonishing Peugeot Onyx concept TG pored over a while back, and promises to continue that concept car's lineage.
This Exalt concept was promised as far back as January; then, Peugeot told us the saloon would measure 4.73m in length and 1.31m in height, and preview a design that would become a direction for Peugeot in the future.
And it'd use the same ‘original' materials as the Onxy concept too - that car utilised untreated, hand-finished copper, carbon fibre, and shatter resistant plastic.
There's no word on whether Peugeot Sport helped with the chassis (as they did on the Onyx), nor on what engine it'll get, so well have to wait for the full reveal.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'