A Dutch design firm has announced plans to build a limited edition version of the Ferrari 458 Italia. And when we mean limited edition, we mean, erm, one. And it'll look like the picture above.
Vijay Pattni01 April 2014
Designer readies one-off Ferrari 458
Dutch coachbuilder reskins the 458 Italia, priced at a ‘seven figure sum’
It's the design work of Ugur Sahin, based in the Netherlands, who confirmed to TopGear.com that they've been contacted by ‘several interested clients' looking to make this, the ‘Project F' render, a one-off reality.
It'll sit on the chassis of the Ferrari 458, though modifications will be made to the floor, door structure and roof - obviously - to accommodate the new body.
As such, it'll still feature that lovely 4.5-litre, 570bhp V8 mounted in the middle, sending drive to the rear wheels. Though with no kerb weight figure yet announced, we can only speculate on the performance figures. If it retains anywhere near the Ferrari's 1485kg weight, expect a 0-62mph time of around 3.4 seconds.
What else? Because it's a render, pinning anything down is difficult, so we'll have to wait and see if/when it gets built. But, you'll spot the LaFerrari references around the bonnet and roof, there's a drop of Koenigsegg mixed in there, some carbon fibre elements, a very Knight Rider-esque front splitter and the rear design of the Ferrari F12.
There was no word on price however, other than it ringing in around seven figures, "considering only one car will exist", the team told us. We'll bring you more as we get it...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'