A Dutch design firm has announced plans to build a limited edition version of the Ferrari 458 Italia. And when we mean limited edition, we mean, erm, one. And it'll look like the picture above.
Vijay Pattni01 April 2014
Designer readies one-off Ferrari 458
Dutch coachbuilder reskins the 458 Italia, priced at a ‘seven figure sum’
It's the design work of Ugur Sahin, based in the Netherlands, who confirmed to TopGear.com that they've been contacted by ‘several interested clients' looking to make this, the ‘Project F' render, a one-off reality.
It'll sit on the chassis of the Ferrari 458, though modifications will be made to the floor, door structure and roof - obviously - to accommodate the new body.
As such, it'll still feature that lovely 4.5-litre, 570bhp V8 mounted in the middle, sending drive to the rear wheels. Though with no kerb weight figure yet announced, we can only speculate on the performance figures. If it retains anywhere near the Ferrari's 1485kg weight, expect a 0-62mph time of around 3.4 seconds.
What else? Because it's a render, pinning anything down is difficult, so we'll have to wait and see if/when it gets built. But, you'll spot the LaFerrari references around the bonnet and roof, there's a drop of Koenigsegg mixed in there, some carbon fibre elements, a very Knight Rider-esque front splitter and the rear design of the Ferrari F12.
There was no word on price however, other than it ringing in around seven figures, "considering only one car will exist", the team told us. We'll bring you more as we get it...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Mercedes reveals its GLE posh-roader
- Bye bye ML, hello GLE: Merc’s new SUV gets hybrid and Cayenne-crushing 577bhp AMG versions