Matthew Jones04 February 2014
This is a 195mph Mitsubishi Colt
Germans tune pensioner’s shopping cart to 978hp. Now it's faster than a 458…
Yep, this Colt has a huge turbocharger strapped to its 2.0-litre 16V 4G63 engine, and after a lot of careful mapping work by Boba Motorsport, now produces nearly 1000 horsepowers.
You want numbers? Hold on tight: 0-62mph takes 3.0 seconds. 62-124mph takes 3.7 seconds, 124-186mph takes 9.8 seconds, and it'll run onto a top speed of 195.7mph. Which, plainly, is ridiculous. And faster than a Ferrari 458.
Four-wheel drive gives the Colt at least a fighting change of staying on the road, but as you can see from the video, it still looks a trifle... squirrelly.
Now watch. And if you're not a fan of suburban nightclub house music, click on to 1:53 for the speed runs and 4:03 for terminal velocity...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one
- Bugatti has sold the very last Veyron
- The fastest car in history is all sold out. Middle Eastern customer buyers 450th, and final, Veyron GSV
- Ten highlights of the New York show
- As the doors of the NYC Auto Show prepare to swing open, here’s some of the new metal we’ll see there
- Mercedes reveals its GLE posh-roader
- Bye bye ML, hello GLE: Merc’s new SUV gets hybrid and Cayenne-crushing 577bhp AMG versions