Matthew Jones04 February 2014
This is a 195mph Mitsubishi Colt
Germans tune pensioner’s shopping cart to 978hp. Now it's faster than a 458…
Yep, this Colt has a huge turbocharger strapped to its 2.0-litre 16V 4G63 engine, and after a lot of careful mapping work by Boba Motorsport, now produces nearly 1000 horsepowers.
You want numbers? Hold on tight: 0-62mph takes 3.0 seconds. 62-124mph takes 3.7 seconds, 124-186mph takes 9.8 seconds, and it'll run onto a top speed of 195.7mph. Which, plainly, is ridiculous. And faster than a Ferrari 458.
Four-wheel drive gives the Colt at least a fighting change of staying on the road, but as you can see from the video, it still looks a trifle... squirrelly.
Now watch. And if you're not a fan of suburban nightclub house music, click on to 1:53 for the speed runs and 4:03 for terminal velocity...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance
- Peugeot's 308 R Hybrid is a 500bhp hot hatch
- Petrol-electric, four-wheel drive Pug is technically a concept, but sounds mighty production-ready...