It’s one of the most exotic and beautiful cars Aston Martin has ever made. For a company like Aston, that’s a bold statement to make, but not – as it turns out – an unreasonable one.
Production was limited to just 77 examples, and the bare statistics were enough to make the hairs on the back of your neck stand to attention immediately: comfortably over a million pounds, a lightweight carbonfibre chassis, the most powerful naturally-aspirated engine in the world. Wrapped in a body so acutely judged that it makes other supercars look either overwrought or dowdy. Only the people rich enough to buy one would ever drive it, said Aston.
Top Gear magazine begged to differ…
So begins the story of the Top Gear Aston Martin One-77 Special app, from the first initial sketches, through the design process, testing, manufacture and the first time we heard that glorious V12 fired up.
From our first moving images, a passenger ride and paparazzi-style chase across London. And, finally, the extraordinary series of events that led Top Gear Magazine to be the only publication ever to drive an Aston Martin One-77.
It’s all here, in this iPad App. Featuring:
- A huge array of stunning exclusive hi-res photography of one of the prettiest cars ever built, from concept to reality
- The word's most powerful naturally aspirated engine in all its glory - and rev it yourself
- Interactive hotspots and uncover secret content
- The full story behind our world exclusive drive of the One-77 in Dubai
- And much more... Don't forget, it's ABSOLUTELY FREE
Head this way to download our app now for FREE, or search 'Top Gear Aston Martin One-77 Special' in your local iTunes store.
(And this is just a taster: from next month, Top Gear magazine will be going fully interactive with our very own iPad edition. Watch this space...)
Video: Justin Leighton