England has many wonderful things, like castles and the NHS and irony. But boy racers are not one of them. It's all drizzly supermarket car parks, and old BMWs without suspension.
TopGear.com07 May 2014
Video: 800bhp buggies destroy Dubai's dunes
Compelling evidence that we should all buy sandrails and move to the UAE
But in Dubai, they do things... differently. For a start, boy racers in the UAE like suspension. Really, really like it. And power. Like, 800bhp of power. Then they hang them on buggies like the Funco G52 Sand Rail.
Most importantly, they also like thrashing them in the large sandbox that makes up most of the country, while filming themselves in HD using the latest remote-control drone technology.
For this, we're tremendously grateful. Click on to watch several good reasons to move there immediately.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'