When we met Shinichi Morohoshi, the gently unhinged Yakuza-linked Lamborghini tuner, we thought his purple Diablo SV was a bit of a one-off. Many TopGear.com commenters sincerely seemed to hope so. But it seems his unique brand of tuning's caught on...
Matthew Jones24 March 2014
Video: Japan's maddest Lambos
Eight minutes of neon-lit, hologram-wrapped six-figure hypercars
This video shows the roll-out after a supercar expo in Tokyo's Odaiba Venus Fort shopping centre. And there are several similarly tuned, and equally psychotic Lamborghinis, all covered in head-trauma neon and, er, divisive vinyl wraps.
Now watch, and tell us if you think these are tuned in the Lambo spirit, or if it's a terrible breach of taste and decency...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'