Earlier this year, certain parts of our anatomy became lightly effervescent at the sight of Volvo's glorious Concept Coupe; the first design study from new styling chief Thomas Ingenlath.
Vijay Pattni11 December 2013
The next Volvo XC90?
Swoopy Concept XC will debut in Detroit next year, previews new Volvo design language
Well, here's the second. It's called the Concept XC Coupe, and is a teaser for the centrepiece of Volvo's stand at the Detroit Motor Show in January. And, based on these sketches, it looks rather nice.
While Volvo is irritatingly quiet on any details, it's likely the concept sits on the company's Scaleable Product Architecture, a modular platform developed in-house to rival Volkswagen's MQB.
Ingenlath has previously stated the next XC90 will have "distinctive, surprising delight details" and features that exemplify "the powerful calmness of a lion". Yikes.
Volvo says this new XC Coupe will showcase the brand's famous safety tech too, though there's no word on drivetrains; here's hoping the XC Coupe gets the same 2.0-litre turbocharged four-pot producing 400bhp. That's our sort of ‘active lifestyle'.
Full details will be released on 8 January, so check back then.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- McLaren 570S: it’s here at last
- The teasing is over. Official details of McLaren's new 562bhp, 204mph, £145,000 Sports Series are here
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Why the McLaren 570S leaves me cold
- ‘Feels born of cynicism, not passion.’ Sam Philip puts the case against the new ‘baby’ McLaren
- This is Honda’s adorable S660
- Tiny, three-cylinder successor to legendary Beat launches in Japan. It’s not coming to the UK. We are sad