Earlier this year, Team Dynamics - the guys behind Honda's touring cars - slapped a superbike engine into a Honda HF2620 mower so Sir Stigness could enjoy his new hobby: landscaping.
Rowan Horncastle13 December 2013
Watch a lawnmower do a massive burnout
Looks like Stig’s 130mph Honda ride-on has some competition
The result was our Thing of the Year: a 130mph, 532bhp-per-tonne ride-on allowing Alan Stigmarsh to cut the corner at Gambon like never before. But it turns out Stig isn't the only one who likes to cut grass and haul ass.
Click play above to meet a man who calls himself 'Slick' and his bonkers John Deere mower. We don't know much about the mechanicals below Slick's grass cutter, but judging by the way it handles and sounds, it looks every bit as unhinged as ours.
If you're thinking this thing is just for show, think again. This mower is a finely fettled grass-removal machine. Instead of using blades to give the leaves a little trim, Slick simply parks his mower up against a wall and does a massive burnout to choke the grass to death with acrid tyre smoke. Then, to clear the cuttings, he executes some high-speed donuts. It's like the most exciting episode of Gardeners World... ever.
Question is, whose mower should cut Centre Court's grass at Wimbledon next year? Slick's or Stig's?
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Supra from Fast & Furious up for sale
- Yep, the orange hero car driven by the late Paul Walker is coming up for auction
- Paul Walker’s 550bhp Skyline is for sale
- Tuned Nissan driven by actor in Fast and Furious 4 is up for grabs, and you need it in your life
- McLaren’s cheapest supercar: new 540C
- V8-engined, 533bhp baby brother to 570S lands in Shanghai, yours for £126,000
- Bentley to build coupe-SUV... and convertible SUV?
- Bentayga 4x4 could be followed by an upmarket BMW X6 rival, and even a drop-top version, Bentley boss tells TG
- This Lexus drift vid is hypnotic
- Stop what you’re doing and watch the LFA supercar, two RC F coupes and two RC F racers dance