Fuel efficiency, diminutive proportions, delicate packaging - just some of the things this Smart ForTwo lacks.
TopGear.com28 April 2014
Watch: the drag-racing V8 Smart car
American puts big block Chevy engine into a ForTwo. Is ridiculous
That's because it's got a big block V8 in it. As in Chevy's sledgehammer of an engine, designed to power GM's land whales of the fifties and sixties.
Unfortunately, the owner's neglected to tell us which one - the possibilities range from 5.7-litres to 9.4-litres - but it'll be a tad more torquey than the 68lb ft 999cc triple Daimler fitted originally.
Now watch it make a pass at No Limit Raceway in Morocco, Indiana. Certainly beats the mods being made to Smarts in San Francisco...
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- Meet SVO's £149,000 Range Rover
- Thought picnicking on a Rangey's tailgate couldn’t get any posher? Enter JLR Special Ops
- Meet the 2015 Le Mans contenders
- Porsche, Audi, Toyota and Nissan reveal their very different LMP1 racers. Here’s your tech crib-sheet
- A message from TopGear.com
- The investigation's done. The BBC has delivered its Clarkson verdict. Here’s where we’re at
- Mercedes to build pickup truck
- Slinky concept sketch reveals upcoming Benz rival to the mighty Toyota Hilux. Truck yeah!
- Exclusive: up close with Aston's 800bhp Vulcan
- It costs £1.5m. It's very much not road legal. Only 24 will be built. You want one