This is the Zenos E10, revealed at the Autosport International show, proving that this little red trackday motor certainly isn't vapourware.
Vijay Pattni09 January 2014
Zenos E10 track car will cost £25k
Full details and pics for ex-Caterham chiefs’ new 300bhp-per-tonne track car
We first got wind of this project late last year when ex-Caterham bigwigs Ansar Ali and Mark Edwards showed off a sketch of the E10 and the promise of something feisty and pointy. Now come the details.
It'll cost £24,995, but to celebrate the unveiling Zenos is offering a special launch edition of 75 cars costing £28,995 each: for that you get a 2.0-litre Ford GDI petrol engine making 200bhp and 155lb ft of torque, mounted in the middle, and powering the rear wheels through a limited slip differential and a six-speed transverse manual gearbox. The launch edition also gets removable front and rear wings coloured red, bespoke Zenos composite seats, four-point race harnesses, an OZ performance wheel pack with ZZR Avon tyres, footwell heating and even a quick release steering wheel.
The whole thing weighs in at 650kg - thanks to a hybrid carbon and aluminium monocoque - while suspension is of the double wishbone variety all round (with Bilstein dampers). As such, it's estimated to accelerate from 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds and rock on to a top speed of 135mph, though both of these figures are yet to be confirmed.
And that's not all; this E10 is the first of three scheduled product launches over the next few years. Zenos is planning the E11 and E12 sports cars (the first a roadster, the second a coupe) for 2018. And with former Caterham brains behind it, it's looking promising.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- These are Peugeot’s wildest concept cars
- No one does a mad design study like the French. Here are Pug's most head-scratching efforts
- Video: 1000bhp RS6 on the snow
- Watch Jon Olsson's DTM-inspired estate destroy a mountain. Warning: contains Much Noise
- What’s your favourite Vision GT car?
- Gamers of the world, unite. Here are the maddest, baddest concepts from Gran Turismo 6
- Ten things we learned this week
- Peacocks assaulting cars, and the Ford GT guitar: it’s another weird week in the world of motoring
- Wallpapers: the new Focus RS
- Decorate your desktop with TG's glorious shots of the 320bhp-plus, 4WD B-road supercar slayer