This is the Zenos E10, revealed at the Autosport International show, proving that this little red trackday motor certainly isn't vapourware.
Vijay Pattni09 January 2014
Zenos E10 track car will cost £25k
Full details and pics for ex-Caterham chiefs’ new 300bhp-per-tonne track car
We first got wind of this project late last year when ex-Caterham bigwigs Ansar Ali and Mark Edwards showed off a sketch of the E10 and the promise of something feisty and pointy. Now come the details.
It'll cost £24,995, but to celebrate the unveiling Zenos is offering a special launch edition of 75 cars costing £28,995 each: for that you get a 2.0-litre Ford GDI petrol engine making 200bhp and 155lb ft of torque, mounted in the middle, and powering the rear wheels through a limited slip differential and a six-speed transverse manual gearbox. The launch edition also gets removable front and rear wings coloured red, bespoke Zenos composite seats, four-point race harnesses, an OZ performance wheel pack with ZZR Avon tyres, footwell heating and even a quick release steering wheel.
The whole thing weighs in at 650kg - thanks to a hybrid carbon and aluminium monocoque - while suspension is of the double wishbone variety all round (with Bilstein dampers). As such, it's estimated to accelerate from 0-60mph in 4.5 seconds and rock on to a top speed of 135mph, though both of these figures are yet to be confirmed.
And that's not all; this E10 is the first of three scheduled product launches over the next few years. Zenos is planning the E11 and E12 sports cars (the first a roadster, the second a coupe) for 2018. And with former Caterham brains behind it, it's looking promising.
More from Top Gear
Best of TopGear
- This is a road-legal 1000bhp RS6
- Jon Olsson is back with a DTM-inspired Audi family wagon. Is this the ultimate all-weather daily driver?
- This is Subaru’s 450bhp BRZ STI
- Engine from the GT300 racer, rear wing from hell: Subaru springs a surprise at New York show
- It's the Porsche Boxster Spyder!
- Another one to tempt away 911 fans? The 370bhp, fabric-roofed Boxster has landed in NYC
- This is what £20m of supercars looks like
- See what happened when the P1, LaFerrari, 918, Veyrons and more got together for charity
- The car world’s worst April Fools
- From BMW mouthguards to Vauxhall kebabs, we round up 2015's most clanging April 1 ‘pranks'