You are here
Design our rally car's livery!
UPDATE (25 Sep): So. Having used our best persuasion techniques on the WRC team (a cheeky chinese burn) they’ve donated us a proper rear wing for TG magazine’s mighty Hyundai i20 rally car. Oh yes. You can see the evidence in the gallery above.
We’ll probably leave it black, but now you can design your livery to include this MIGHTY rear wing as well. By the way, thanks for all the liveries we’ve had so far, some great efforts in there. One thing to note: can we ask you to hold fire on putting the telly boys or our tame racing driver in your designs, as they won’t be driving this car (they’re rather busy filming the new series right now). No matter how much the car currently looks like Stig’s helmet…
Above are some pictures of Top Gear magazine’s Hyundai i20 rally car, taken this very morning. We’ve cleaned it up after its competitive debut a couple of weeks ago, so you have a better idea of what it looks like when it’s not covered in mud.
What we have at the moment is a very plain white rally car. What we’d like to have is something altogether more awesome. That’s where you come in…
We want you to design us an iconic livery for our Hyundai i20.
Now, to offset the flood of Martini and Gulf colour schemes that might leap to mind, this does need to be something unique, otherwise we’ll get into trouble of a sort that will require lawyers to get us out of. Messy.
Beyond that there are few guidelines – it needs to wear the Top Gear magazine logo proudly down the side and, well, that’s about it. Don’t worry about making it too detailed or perfect (our designers will be able to knock it into shape) so feel free to dig out the crayons and get scribbling. And we’re serious, it could be your design lining up alongside the WRC superstars at this November’s Wales Rally GB.
So let’s get this story out across social media, break out your imagination, cook up something with your friends, let your dog add a paw print – and don’t waste too much time: deadline for entries is the 29th September, giving us enough time to get the livery ready for the car’s next outing on the Cambrian Rally in mid-October.
Please send your jpegs to firstname.lastname@example.org, and everything has to arrive by 9am on Monday 29 September. And we’re sorry but this is only open to people 18 and above and to residents of the UK (as is contained in the lengthy terms and conditions below).
Top Gear magazine’s Hyundai i20 Rally Livery competition – (the “Competition”)
Terms and Conditions
1. The BBC Code of Conduct (the “Code”) for competitions can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/competitioncode and all BBC Worldwide (“BBCW”) promotions must comply with the Code.
3. By entering the Competition, the Entrants agree:
a. to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
b. that their full name and place of residence may be released if they win a prize;
c. that should they win the Competition, their name and likeness may be used by BBCW for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter
5. The Competition will run for a period of 11 days opening at 12.01pm on 18/9/14 and closing at 9.00am on 29/9/14. After the Closing Date, 1 (one) winner will be selected based on the criteria set out in clause 10.
6. Entrants should design a Top Gear magazine-themed rally livery for the Hyundai i20 as a jpeg or similar digital file format and email entries to email@example.com prior to the Closing Date in order to enter the Competition.
7. Only one (1) entry will be permitted per person regardless of method of entry and bulk entries (meaning the use of any form of technology which allows multiple simultaneous entries) will not be permitted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered. Entries cannot be returned.
8. All entries must be the original work of the Entrant and must not contravene the rights of third parties. By entering the Competition, the Entrant grants to BBCW and Hyundai UK a perpetual, sub-licensable, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use the work for all purposes connected with the Competition, including but not limited to actual use of the winning entry on Top Gear’s Hyundai i20 during the Wales Rally UK and post-promotion publicity.
10. There will be 1 (one) winning Entrant in the Territory (“Winner”). The Winner will be judged by a panel of three judges appointed by BBCW in the Territory on the entry that in the judges’ opinion is the most suitable livery for Top Gear magazine’s Hyundai i20 rally car. The judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into in respect of such decision
11. The prize will be for the Competition will be the livery designed and added to Top Gear magazine’s Hyundai i20 rally car, which is competing at Rally Wales UK on 13-16 November 2014.
12. The Winner(s) will be notified within three days of the Closing Date by email. If the Winner is unable to be contacted within three days of the Closing Date of the Competition, BBCW reserves the right to offer the Prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the Prize in any future BBCW competition.
13. There is no cash alternative and the Prize will not be transferable. BBCW accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and not specifically included in the Prize. If the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, BBCW reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a Prize of equal or greater value.
14. The name and place of residence of the Winner(s) may be obtained by sending a self addressed envelope firstname.lastname@example.org within two months of the closing date of the Competition.
15. Any promotional activity or press release the Winner makes in relation to the Competition must be pre-approved by BBCW in writing.
16. BBCW excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the Competition or occurring to the Winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a prize.
17. BBCW excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the Competition or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of a prize. Claims relating to the prize should be made directly to BBC Worldwide Limited
18. Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
19. BBCW reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the Competition or the Prize at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
20. The Competition is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
21. Promoter: BBC Worldwide Limited, Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TQ.